Due to the current track of Hurricane Irma and concern for the safety of our employees, Orchid Medical will be closed on Monday, September 11. We have taken the appropriate actions in preparation for the storm making landfall. We will have on-call, remote agents to assist clients and injured workers. Irma is predicted to significantly impact Florida and there is a strong potential for power outages throughout central Florida. Therefore, clients may experience delays in service due to power outages.
Orchid is taking the following actions to prepare for possible service outages:
- Designated on-call agents to assist injured workers and clients.
- DME orders scheduled for delivery during the storm will be verified as delivered or confirmed as non-urgent. For non-urgent supplies, delivery will be rescheduled.
- Services such as diagnostic imaging and physical therapy that may be non-essential will be rescheduled at a later date.
- Injured workers with transportation or translation appointments will be rescheduled for after the storm has subsided.
- We will monitor home health services to help ensure that necessary care is provided throughout the storm.
For clients and injured workers located in areas of the storm’s path, we hope that you remain safe and incur minimal damage.