Orchid Medical is the leading medical cost-containment and ancillary solutions company serving the workers compensation industry.
- Established in 2002 as a medical equipment and supply company, Orchid Medical was founded on the principle of delivering quality care and solutions to the insurance industry.
- Today, Orchid Medical has evolved into one of the premier national medical service companies dedicated to workers’ compensation.
- Headquartered in Orlando, Florida, Orchid Medical offers a broad range of products and services which include DME, Orthotics & Prosthetics, Physical Therapy, Diagnostic imaging, Home Health, and Transportation and Language services.
- Fully comprehensive medical service company with a nationwide network of service providers.
- Our managed care solutions are divided into three categories: Catastrophic, Specialty, and Standard.
- The two newest services added to our repertoire are the Surgical Cost-Containment Program and Urinary Drug Testing.
One of our clients has a catastrophic patient that was in need of a Hill-Rom hospital bed. The patient in this case was a partial quadriplegic and the type of bed he needed is actually used in hospitals, which means it is usually very expensive.
Any time home medical equipment is needed the patient has usually suffered a catastrophic injury that requires extensive care, which can become particularly costly and challenging to manage. It may become essential to compare pricing with several different companies in order to find the best solution for the client and their injured worker. Our client had already received a quote directly from the manufacturer of the hospital bed and it was for approximately $31,400.
Hospital beds are considered one of our Home medical products that we provide on a frequent basis to patients receiving home health care or long term care. Our concern is not only for the patient receiving the equipment, but providing cost-savings for our client by ensuring the best possible price on any particular item requested. Due to our nationwide network of providers, we are able to cross-reference the most competitive prices on any given item and provide the most cost-effective option to our client.
In this case, our on-staff ATP technician reviewed the needs assessment and determined that we should be able to provide the same exact chair for much less. We had our local provider, also an ATP certified technician, evaluate the patient and determine that the original chair quoted by our competition was medically appropriate. The difference, however, would be in the price. We were able to offer the exact same complex-rehab power wheelchair to our client for $17,929. Orchid Medical was able to provide savings of over $13,400 (42% cost-savings) without any sacrifice in quality of product or service.
Orchid Medical was proudly able to provide our client with the highest quality and largest selection of medical products available. We, at Orchid Medical, don’t believe that Durable Medical Equipment (DME) is a commodity based business. You can measure the savings we provide through our competitively priced products, reliable schedule of delivery, and patient satisfaction. Our ATP certified staff was able to determine the correct option to fulfill all his needs, while providing cost-savings and not sacrificing quality. Orchid Medical’s knowledgeable Care Coordinators were dedicated to assisting the injured worker with all of his detailed durable medical needs – using proven DME formularies to offer alternative products that yielded greater savings for the client at every opportunity.
Products and services Orchid Medical used
- Orchid Medical’s Complex Care Team expertise
- Client-specific Care Coordinator Team
- Dedicated Account Service Manager
- Ease of making a referral
- Immediate response to quotes and DME questions
- Service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Self-managed files through OMNI
- ATP certified staff
For more information about Orchid Medical’s broad range of ancillary medical services and surgical implant savings program, contact us at email@example.com or 1.866.888.6724.
The case study presented above is intended solely for the purpose of providing general information about the Orchid Medical Durable Medical Equipment program. It is not intended to give or replace any medical advice with respect to any specific patient. Risk factors, cooperation and results may vary from case to case. A clinical approach such as the one described above should never be attempted without the medical advice of a physician responsible for independently evaluating the specific patient’s medical history.